Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Disappointing Hunt

I was all set to go back to Burnet Woods and dig up some more relics when I thought "Hey, I've got a better idea!"  and went to Fairview park which is right around the corner instead. On the way into the park there is the cool stone archway that's been sealed off for who knows how long. I thought this would be a great spot to detect. I was wrong.


The ground right around the structure was way to rocky to dig in and the place was covered in litter.  I tried going up the hill behind it but it was too steep and overgrown.  So I went to another area of the park and started hunting in the grass.  I found a newer key, 2 Lincoln pennys, a couple chunks of metal and of course, trash.  I think I should have gone to Burnet.

No comments:

Post a Comment